Information about what is being done nationally to tackle the coronavirus crisis is available via the Government’s website.
You can also find links on specific advice for different sectors in the related links section to the bottom right of this page.
BWD Help Hub
We’ve launched the BwD Help Hub, a support network for Blackburn with Darwen residents in need while isolating at home.
The Help Hub can provide a range of support; organising deliveries of food and essential supplies, providing information and advice, and weekly phone calls to help keep people’s spirits up.
If you or anyone you know needs this kind of help:
- Use our online form
- Call 01254 588111 – 09:00-17:00 Mon to Fri, 09:00-12:00 Sat & Sun
Support for businesses
Please use this form If you have recently received an invoice for payment to the Council and are struggling to make this payment due to the ongoing situation.
Our Director of Public Health and Wellbeing, Professor Dominic Harrison, has written another column for the Lancashire Telegraph: Covid-19, you may have got it.
All bin collections are currently running as normal across Blackburn with Darwen.
However, to allow this to continue we’re asking residents to take simple steps to help.
The following council buildings will be closed until further notice:
- Audley Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Bank Top Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Blackburn Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Blackburn Leisure Centre
- Blackburn Library
- Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery
- Blackburn Market (building closed but deliveries available)
- Cherry Tree Library
- Darwen Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Darwen Library
- Darwen Library Theatre
- Darwen Leisure Centre
- Darwen Market (building closed but deliveries available)
- King George’s Hall
- Mill Hill Library
- Roman Road Library
- Turton Tower
- Witton Park Arena
- Witton Park Café
All playgrounds are also now closed until further notice.
All council services and facilities are being reviewed daily in-line with Government guidance.
King George’s Hall and Darwen Library Theatre
Staff are currently working to reschedule show dates due to take place during March and April.
The venues box office teams or Ticketmaster will contact anyone with tickets for rescheduled or cancelled shows as soon as possible.
Our customer service teams are extremely busy and your patience during this difficult time is greatly appreciated.
Cemeteries, burials and cremations
All cemeteries in Blackburn with Darwen are closed except for funerals.
The number of people allowed at a burial or cremation will be restricted to 10 – including family members, any faith representatives and staff.
Pest control services
We have suspended all house visits for our pest control service.
Our trained team will still be operating outdoors and will be undertaking preventative work, including sewer baiting.
They will also be available to offer residents and businesses advice over the phone.
Travelling by taxi
We’re urging you all to stay home, but if you do need to travel by taxi to pick up essential food or medication, here’s some top tips to help keep you and the driver safe:
1. You should not travel if you are feeling unwell with symptoms of Coronavirus
– You can find a full list at: nhs.uk
– You will be asked when you book a taxi if you have any of the symptoms?
2. If you become unwell during the journey, your driver will take you home
– Please take some tissues with you just in case
3. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after each trip
We’ve contacted all of our licensed drivers to offer them help and advice – this includes disinfecting all areas that are regularly touched.