Published Thursday 30 March 2017 at 16:06
Here’s our list of events in and around Blackburn & Darwen.
Please note that you may need to purchase tickets for some of the events below. To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackburn Town Centre
- Until 15th April 2017: Soul is Form: Books Printed in England from the Hart Collection, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 29th April: Contemplating a Legacy Exhibition, Works in Print by Julia M Swarbrick, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 -4.45pm
- Until 15th July: India’s Gateway: Gujarat, Mumbai & Britain, Exhibition at Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday to Saturday 12 -4.45pm
- 4th April: Guided Tour, Blackburn Cathedral 3.30pm
- 4th April: Blackburn Film Club “Pressure”, The Bureau 7.30pm
- 5th -8th April: Easter Get Crafty “Spring & Nature” Themed, Blackburn Museum 12 -4pm
- 6th April: You Me At Six, King Georges Hall 7pm
- 7th April: India’s Gateway, Photography Skills Workshop, Blackburn Museum 2PM (Booking Essential)
- 7th April: Blackburn Classics, Royal Northern Sinfonia, King Georges Hall 7.30pm
- 7th April: Georges Comedy Club, Windsor Suite, King Georges Hall 8pm
- 8th to 23rd April: Fun Fair, Town Hall Square, King William Street.
- 8th April: Harry Hopalot, the Thorntons Bunny will be hiding around town with chocolate treats.
- 8th April: Paul Weller, King Georges Hall (Sold Out)
- 8th & 9th April: Get Arty with Science, part of BBC’S Get Creative, The Bureau 11am-5pm
- 8th April: Print Making –Old Tech New Tech, Collaboration between Blackburn Museum & The Making Rooms. Meet at Blackburn Museum 9.30am (Booking Essential)
Darwen Town Centre
- 5th April: Afternoon Variety Show, Darwen Library Theatre 2pm
- 5th April: Flower School “Easter Design”, Dolly’s Tea Room 7pm (Booking essential)
- 7th April: National Theatre Live Screening of Northanger Abbey, Darwen Library Theatre 7pm
- 7th to 29th April: Bunny Riddles Treasure Trail, Colouring & Puzzles, Darwen Library
- 8th April: David Holt, Darwen Library Theatre 7.30pm
- 8th April: An Evening with The Houghton Weavers & the Walk This Way Choir, Darwen Aldridge Community Academy 7.30pm
- 8th April: Coaching Day with Jenny Meadows & Darwen Running Group, Darwen Aldridge Academy 10am -2pm
- 8th April: Friends of Sunnyhurst Woods Volunteer Day, Meet at the Visitor Centre 9.30am
- 3rd April: Monday Club, Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm
- 3rd April: Ride Social, 30.3 mile cycle ride for Adults 16+, Meet at the bottom of Pleckgate Road 9.45am
- 5th April: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 5th April: Performers R Us, Thwaites Empire Theatre 7pm
- 6th April: History Day at Turton Tower, Talk by Peter Watson 11am & Richard Horrocks 1.30pm. (Booking essential).
- 7th April until 23rd April: Easter Fair at Witton Country Park 12 -9pm
- 7th April: Roy Orbison & Friends, Thwaites Empire Theatre 7.30pm
- 8th April: Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley, Ewood Park 3pm
- 9th April: Wedding Open Day, Wellbeing Farm 12 -4pm
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings at email@example.com.