Published Thursday 23 March 2017 at 16:51
Here’s our list of events in and around Blackburn & Darwen from Monday 27th March to Sunday, 2nd April 2017.
Please note that you may need to purchase tickets for some of the events below. To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackburn Town Centre
- Until 15th April 2017: Soul is Form: Books Printed in England from the Hart Collection, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 29th April: Contemplating a Legacy Exhibition, Works in Print by Julia M Swarbrick, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 -4.45pm
- Until 15th July: India’s Gateway: Gujarat, Mumbai & Britain, Exhibition at Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday to Saturday 12 -4.45pm
- 27th March: Sing Together, King Georges Hall 6pm
- 28th March: “The Arabian Peninsula” Talk by Mo Holland for Blackburn Local History Society, Blackburn Library 7.30pm
- 28th March: Fire Spinning & Juggling Workshop, The Bureau, Victoria St., 7pm
- 29th March: Finds Identification Day, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 12 -2pm
- 29th March to 2nd April: It’s The Big Wallpaper Week with Graham & Brown Factory Shops, They’ll be at The Mall Blackburn to show you how easy using wallpaper can be!
- 29th March: Lunchtime Recital by Peter Morris from St Peter’s Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton. At Blackburn Cathedral 1pm
- 30th March: India’s Gateway: Storytime from Around the World, Blackburn Library 2pm
- 30th March: Rosemere Cancer Foundation Spring Concert, Blackburn Cathedral 7.30pm
- 31st March: Abbamania, Windsor Suite, King Georges Hall 8pm
- 31st March: The Gesualdo Six –featuring the Cathedral Choristers, Blackburn Cathedral 6.30pm
- 1st April: Watch out for Harry Hopalot, the Thornton’s Bunny, he will be hiding around Blackburn town centre
- 1st April: Get Crafty, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, 12-4pm
- 1st April: White Collar Boxing Event, King Georges Hall from 5pm
- 2nd April: ‘Crucifixion’ by John Stainer, sung by Octavius. Blackburn Cathedral, 4pm.
Darwen Town Centre
- 31st March: Talon – The Acoustic Collection, Darwen Library Theatre 7.30pm
- 1st until 7th April: Darwen Photography Exhibition by Thomas Mullen at Darwen Library.
- 1st April: Comedy Club at Darwen Library Theatre 8pm
- 2nd April: Darwen Heritage Half Marathon, Darwen Aldridge Community Academy, Sudell Road, 9.30am.
- 2nd April: Easter Egg Hunt, Whitehall Park, Rose Garden 10am – 2pm
- 28th March: Meet The Artist: Tony Goodier, Cheetham Arms, Chapeltown 7.30pm
- 31st March: Ride Social: Brindle, Buckshaw & Belmont, Adult Only 37.6 mile cycle ride, Meet Witton Park car park 9.45am
- 31st March: Magic – a kind of Queen, Thwaites Empire Theatre 7.30pm
- 1st April: Bolton School of Dance “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” at Thwaites Empire Theatre 7pm
- 1st April: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 1st April: Trash & Treasure Flea Market, The Barlow, Edgworth 10am – 1pm
- 1st April: Blackburn Hawks vs Deeside Dragon, Silverblades Ice Arena 5.45pm
- 1st April: On Yer Bike! – Breezing East: Blackburn to Accrington, 13 mile cycle ride, meet On Yer Bike cycles, 491 Whalley Road, 10am
- 2nd April: Ribble Valley Riding Club Show, Witton Country Park, Tower Road entrance. 9am – 5pm.
- 2nd April: Bolton School of Dance “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” at Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm & 6.30pm
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings at email@example.com.