Published Thursday 13 April 2017 at 18:00
Here’s our list of events in & around Blackburn & Darwen from Monday, 17th April to Sunday, 23rd April 2017.
Please note that you may need to purchase tickets for some of the events below. To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackburn Town Centre:
- Until 29th April: Contemplating a Legacy Exhibition, Works in Print by Julia M Swarbrick, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 13th May: Journey from Edgworth into No Man’s Land, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 15th July: India’s Gateway: Gujarat, Mumbai & Britain, Exhibition at Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- 17th -22nd April: Spring themed crafts & activities at The Mall Blackburn 10.30am -4pm each day.
- 17th April: Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City, Ewood Park 3pm
- 18th April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Crafts, Blackburn Library 2pm -3pm
- 18th April: Blackburn Film Club “City of God”, The Bureau, Victoria St., 7.30pm
- 19th -22nd April: Spring Themed Get Crafty, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 12 -4pm
- 19th April: Alf Wrights Afternoon Variety Show, Windsor Suite, King Georges Hall 2pm
- 19th April: Vienna Festival Ballet “Cinderella”, King Georges Hall 7pm
- 20th April: India’s Gateway –East India Company History Talk with Professor Tony Webster, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 2.30pm
- 20th April: An Evening with Beauty Club at Debenhams, The Mall Blackburn 4pm -7pm Raising Money for Marie Currie.
- 20th April: ArtSpace, The Bureau, Victoria St. 6.30pm
- 20th & 21st April: A Taste of the Future, Café Northcote 7pm.
- 21st April: Make your own Operation Style Game, The Making Rooms, 10am
- 21st April: Wellbeing Walk with Pure Gym, meet in The Mall Blackburn 1pm -2pm all welcome.
- 21st April: The Mayor’s Ball, King George’s Hall 7.30pm
- 22nd St George’s Day, King William Street 11am -1pm
- 22nd April: The Amy Winehouse Experience AKA Lioness, The Windsor Suite, King Georges Hall 7.30pm
- 23rd April: 100 Voices of Gospel, King Georges Hall 7pm
- 23rd April: Tez Ilyas, The Windsor Suite, King Georges Hall 8pm
- 23rd April St George’s Day Parade, From Queen Victoria Statue, Cathedral Square 1pm
Darwen Town Centre:
- Until 22nd April: Toy Sleepovers, Darwen Library (Toys must book in advance)
- 18th April: Film – “The Light Between Oceans”, Darwen Library Theatre 2pm
- 19th April: The Tinderbox, Darwen Library Theatre 1.30pm & 4pm
- 20th April: National Theatre Live “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead”, Darwen Library Theatre 7pm
- 21st April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Crafts, Darwen Library 2pm -3pm
- 21st April: Chantel McGregor, Darwen Library 7pm
- 22nd April: St George’s Day Celebrations, Market Square Darwen, 11am -4pm
- 22nd until 12th May: In & Around Darwen, Paintings by Dave Gudgeon, Darwen Library
- 22nd April: World Book Night, Live music performances, Children’s activities, Darwen Library 10am
- 23rd April: St George’s Day Parade, from George St. Darwen to St. Peter’s Church 2pm
Other events around the borough:
- Until 23rd April: Blackburn Easter Fair, Witton Country Park 12 -9pm daily
- 18th – 21st April: Children’s Learn to Ride Sessions, Cycle Centre, Witton Country Park. Call 01254 54855 to book a session.
- 19th April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Crafts, Livesey Library 2pm -3pm
- 20th April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Themed Crafts, Roman Road Library 10.30am – 11.30am
- 20th April: Doris the Dragon, Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm
- 21st April: Folk at The Barlow with Jackie Oates, The Barlow, Edgworth 8pm
- 21st April: The Shaduows, Thwaites Empire Theatre 7.30pm
- 22nd & 23rd April: St. George & The Trinity Beer Festival, Holy Trinity Church, Blackburn 11am -11pm
- 22nd April: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 22nd April: The Little Mermaid, Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm & 6pm
- 22nd April: Gala Concert, Croston Theatre, Westholme School 7pm
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the Borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings. If you know of anyone else who would like to receive our weekly updates please email us their details: email@example.com