Published Thursday 6 April 2017 at 16:39
Here’s our list of events in and around Blackburn & Darwen.
Please note that you may need to purchase tickets for some of the events below. To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackburn Town Centre
- Until 15th April 2017: Soul is Form: Books Printed in England from the Hart Collection, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 29th April: Contemplating a Legacy Exhibition, Works in Print by Julia M Swarbrick, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 13th May: Journey from Edgworth into No Man’s Land, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 15th July: India’s Gateway: Gujarat, Mumbai & Britain, Exhibition at Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- 10th -15th April: Spring themed crafts & activities at The Mall Blackburn 10.30am -4pm each day.
- 10th April: “The Journey”, Blackburn Cathedral 7.30pm
- 11th April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, King Georges Hall 2pm
- 12th -15th April: Spring Themed Get Crafty, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 12 -4pm
- 12th April: The Renaissance Singers Holy Week Concert, Blackburn Cathedral 7.30pm
- 13th April: “The Fantastic Mr Fox” by The Fabularium Theatre Co., at The Bureau, Victoria St. Shows at 11am, 1pm & 3pm (Suitable for ages 3+ )
- 13th April: X Factor Open Auditions, The Mall Blackburn 10am -5.30pm
- 13th April X Factor Open Auditions, Molloys, King William St. 8.30pm -11pm
- 13th April: Drink & Draw, The Bureau, Victoria St. 6.30pm
- 13th April: “Once & Future Things –Progress on the Hart Collection” Talk by Dr. Cynthia Johnson, Friends of Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Blackburn Museum 2pm
- 14th April: Decorating Blown Eggs for Easter, The Making Rooms 11am
- 15th April: Watch out for Harry Hopalot, The Thornton’s Bunny –he’ll be hiding around town with Easter Treats.
Darwen Town Centre
- 12th April: Film “Fantastic Beasts” (12A), Darwen Library Theatre 2pm
- 15th – 22nd April: Toy Sleepovers, Darwen Library (Toys must book in advance)
Other Events around Blackburn with Darwen
- Until 23rd April: Blackburn Easter Fair, Witton Country Park 12 -9pm daily
- 12th April: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 12th April: East Lancs Hospice Charity Variety Afternoon, Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm
- 13th April: The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed crafts, Mill Hill Library 10.30am -11.30am
- 14th April: Ride Social, 21.9 mile Adult Only Cycle Ride, Meet at the bottom of Pleckgate Rd. 9.45am
- 15th April: On Yer Bike! Breezing West – 14 mile cycle ride, meet On Yer Bike, Whalley New Rd. 10am
- 16th April: Easter Egg Hunt, Turton Tower Gardens 11am, last entry2pm. Tea Rooms open 10.30am -3.30pm.
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings at email@example.com.