Published Friday 26 August 2016 at 12:01
Events listings for Blackburn and Darwen town centres and around the Borough.
To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: email@example.com.
Blackburn Town centre
- Until 17th Sept: Collecting Faces Exhibition, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 21st Oct: Nightsafe Homeless Series, Photography Exhibition by Caroline Guthrie, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 4th Sept: Blackburn Beach, Town Hall Square, King William St. 11am – 5pm
- Until 4th Sept: Summer in the Sand, Victoria Court, The Mall Blackburn 9:00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday, and Sundays 10.30am – 4:30pm.
- Until 4th Sept: Medal Hunt around The Mall Blackburn.
- Until 31st August: Somme Exhibition featuring articles from Blackburn Times, Blackburn Library
- Until 31st Aug: Blackburn Youth Zone’s Summer Holiday Camps. To book call 01254 292000
- 31st Aug to 3rd Sept: Summer Arts & Crafts “Take you Pick”, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 12 -4pm
- 2nd Sept: George’s Comedy Club, Winsor Suite, King Georges Hall, 8pm
- 2nd Sept: BNL, Live Music, Blakeys Café Bar, King Georges Hall from 9pm
Darwen Town Centre
- Until 25th Sept: Exhibition of Needle Felt by Sharon Saul, Sunnyhurst Wood Visitor Centre, Thurs –Sun 1pm to 4.30pm
- 30th Aug: Jungle Book,(PG) Darwen Library Theatre 2pm
- 1st Sept: National Theatre Live “Deep Blue Sea” (12A), Darwen Library Theatre 7pm
- 2nd Sept: Songs from the Wood #8, The Olde England Kiosk, Sunnyhurst Wood 8pm
- 3rd Sept: Comedy Club, Darwen Library Theatre 8pm
Other Events around the Borough
- 29th Aug: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 2pm
- 30th Aug: Community Living Room, Sewing, Mill Hill Community Centre 10am
- 31st Aug: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 31st Aug: Skyride, Towpath Trails, 12 mile cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 10am
- 31st Aug: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 1pm
- 1st Sept: A Night with The Stars, Thwaites
- 2nd Sept: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 1pm
- 3rd Sept: Blackburn Rovers Stadium Tour, Ewood Park 11am
- 3rd Sept: Glitter with the Stars, Thwaites Empire Theatre, 7.30pm
- 3rd Sept: Flea Market, The Barlow, Edgworth, 10am -1pm
- 3rd Sept: Evening with Soprano Jennie Marsden, Croston Theatre, Westholme School, Blackburn. 7.30 pm.
- 4th Sept: Mad Hatters Tea Party, Wellbeing Farm, Edgworth 2pm (Booking essential 01204 852113)
- 4th Sept: Blackburn Hawks V Sheffield Steeldogs, Blackburn Ice Arena, 5.45pm
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the Borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings. If you know of anyone else who would like to receive our weekly updates please email us their details: firstname.lastname@example.org.