Published Friday 19 August 2016 at 12:16
On Saturday 20th August, it’s a bumper day in Darwen – with both Darwen Gala & Darwen 1940s Day providing lots of fun & entertainment for all the family.
To avoid disappointment, please contact the venues to make sure that there are still tickets/places available if you are planning to attend any of the events below. For more information see our web site www.visitblackburn.co.uk or contact Blackburn Visitor Centre tel: 01254 688040/ email: email@example.com.
Blackburn Town centre
- Until 31st Aug: The first four Complete Works of William Shakespeare on display, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- Until 17th Sept: Collecting Faces Exhibition, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery (Weds –Sat 12 -4.45pm)
- Until 4th Sept: Blackburn Beach, Town Hall Square, King William St. 11am – 5pm
- Until 4th Sept: Summer in the Sand, Victoria Court, The Mall Blackburn 9:00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday, and Sundays 10.30am – 4:30pm.
- Until 4th Sept: Medal Hunt around The Mall Blackburn.
- Until 31st August: Somme Exhibition featuring articles from Blackburn Times, Blackburn Library
- Until 31st Aug: Blackburn Youth Zone’s Summer Holiday Camps. To book call 01254 292000
- Until 27th Aug: Kids Summer Fun Crafts, Victoria Court, The Mall Blackburn 10.30am to 4.00pm
- 23rd Aug: Talk by Author Philip Cain “Picnic in Iraq” & “To Catch a Fox”, Blackburn Library 2pm
- 23rd Aug: Blackburn Film Club “Marina Abramovic …. The Artist is Present” (E ) , The Bureau 7pm
- 24th Aug: Walk The Walk, Blackburn Market, Meet Blackburn Visitor Centre 11am
- 24th Aug: “Old Mac Donald & The Three Pigs”, performance by Booster Cushion Theatre Co. (suitable 3+) Blackburn Library 10.30am & 2pm
- 24th to 27th Aug: Summer Arts & Crafts “Snakes & Reptiles”, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery 12 -4pm
- 24th Aug to 21st Oct: Nightsafe Homeless Series, Photography Exhibition by Caroline Guthrie, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery, Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 4.45pm
- 25th Aug: Punch & Judy shows plus Magician, Victoria Court, The Mall Blackburn, shows throughout the day 11am to 3pm
- 27th Aug: Open Day, Northgate Ceremony Suite, King Georges Hall 11am -2pm
Darwen Town centre
- Until 25th Sept: Exhibition of Needle Felt by Sharon Saul, Sunnyhurst Wood Visitor Centre, Thurs –Sun 1pm to 4.30pm
- 22nd Aug: Roald Dahl Craft Session, Darwen Library 10.30am – 11.30am
- 27th Aug: Northern Soul Reimagined, with Paul Stuart Davies, Darwen Library Theatre 7pm
Other events around the Borough:
- 22nd Aug: Roald Dahl Craft Session, Livesey Library 2pm -3pm
- 22nd Aug: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 2pm
- 22nd – 26th Aug: Westholme School Theatre Week “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” 8.30am – 3.30pm (ages 6+)
- 23rd Aug: Community Living Room, Gardening, Livesey Library 10am
- 24th Aug: Skyride, Towpath Trails, 12 mile cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 10am
- 24th Aug: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 1pm
- 24th Aug: Children’s Cookery School, Wellbeing Farm, Edgworth 6 -11 yrs 10.30am & 12 -15 yrs 2pm
- 26th Aug: “Fantastic Mr Fox” Crafts, Mill Hill Library 10.30am -11.30am
- 26th Aug: “Fantastic Mr Fox” Crafts, Livesey Library 2pm -3pm
- 26th Aug: Skyride, Pedal Around the Park, 2 hour cycle ride, meet Witton Park Cycle Centre 1pm
- 27th Aug: Blackburn Rovers v Fulham, Ewood Park 3pm
- 27th Aug: Mile for a Smile, 1k, 2k & 5k sponsored runs, stalls & food, Witton Country Park 10am -2pm
- 27th Aug: “The Dragon Who Lost His Home” Thwaites Empire Theatre 2pm
- 28th Aug: Car Boot Sale, St Thomas’ CEP School, Newton St. 9am – 1pm
- 28th Aug: Christies Charity Day, Live Music, Hare & Hounds, Lammack 2pm – 10pm
We try our best to keep up to date with what’s going on around the Borough but if you know of any other events please let us know so that we can add them to our listings. If you know of anyone else who would like to receive our weekly updates please email us their details: firstname.lastname@example.org.