Published Saturday 20 January 2024 at 16:34
Gas company Cadent have confirmed the gas leak which happened last night in Mill Hill, Blackburn has been repaired and residents have now been allowed to return back to their homes.
The news will come as a huge relief to everyone impacted and those concerned in surrounding areas.
A huge thank you goes to everyone involved in supporting the emergency efforts, including off duty Council staff and volunteers who came out to help residents evacuated from their homes.
A special thank you to ward Cllr Jim Smith and Council Executive Member, who is also a manager at Blackburn Bus Company, for responding to a call last night to help transport residents away from danger.
Cllr Smith has been praised by his employers for springing into action and jumping behind the wheel to transport around 25 residents to a place of safety.
Well done Cllr Smith.
We are sure you will agree that this has been a fantastic demonstration of community efforts in action!