Published Friday 31 October 2014 at 16:02
A parent talks about Apple Trees, which provides short breaks for children and young people with disabilities, and, as a parent whose child utilises Apple Trees, how a new web resource will help ensure families are aware of the support, such as Apple Trees, which is available across Blackburn with Darwen.
The online directory – called the Local Offer – includes details about what services children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies, including education, health and social care. It is available at www.bwd-localoffer.org.uk.
The Local Offer includes information about:
- Education, like nurseries, schools and colleges
- Health, including doctors, school nurses and therapists
- Social care, including respite services and children’s disability services
- Voluntary groups, including charities, support groups and youth clubs
- Preparing for adulthood, including where to live, education, training and employment
- Leisure and recreation, such as sports and social clubs, food and entertainment
To list your organisation or service in the Local Offer, email: email@example.com.