Published Tuesday 28 October 2014 at 15:26
The Council has launched a brand new web resource for families of children and young people under 25 who have special educational needs or disabilities.
The online directory – called the Local Offer – includes details about what services children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies, including education, health and social care. It is available at www.bwd-localoffer.org.uk.
The Local Offer includes information about:
- Education, like nurseries, schools and colleges
- Health, including doctors, school nurses and therapists
- Social care, including respite services and children’s disability services
- Voluntary groups, including charities, support groups and youth clubs
- Preparing for adulthood, including where to live, education, training and employment
- Leisure and recreation, such as sports and social clubs, food and entertainment
To list your organisation or service in the Local Offer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to Mel from Appletrees, a short breaks facility for young people with complex health needs, talk about the facility and also how the Local Offer will help children and their families.