Published Tuesday 25 August 2015 at 14:59
A number of Blackburn with Darwen Council buildings and services will be closed for one day next Tuesday (September 1).
Council staff have been taking four days unpaid leave per year since 2011 as part of wider measures to meet budget pressures.
Key frontline services to the most vulnerable people will remain unaffected. Bin collections will continue as normal and Community Transport is also operating as usual.
Both Blackburn and Darwen Town Halls will be closed, together with children’s centres and libraries. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
The following buildings/services will remain in operation on September 1:
- Emergency duty team
- Community transport
- Residential services including St Aiden’s / reablement service / extra care services / midway
- Leisure centres
- Mental health service
- Crisis resolution home treatment team
- Complex care and treatment team
- Approved mental health professionals service
- Hospital discharge volunteer care management staff
- Blackburn & Darwen markets and visitors centre
- Refuse and recycling
- Street cleaning
- Burials and cremations
- Regenerate Pennine Lancashire
- Welfare transport
- Young people’s service
- Contract employees at India Mill
- King Georges Hall & Darwen Library Theatre
- Youth offending team
- Transport services workshop
- Parking Services
- Turton Tower