Published November 10, 2017 at 11:07
With fabulous events & great shopping for all the family – you’ll want to keep coming back!
An incredible spectacle has been promised for this year’s Christmas Lights Switch On in Blackburn town centre as organisers reveal a dramatic departure from the traditional stage show format. A unique event has been designed to attract new audiences with something for all ages on Saturday, 25th November.
Wander through the Fire Garden in Blackburn Cathedral grounds, then marvel at the lightshow which will leads into a high rise aerial dance from the Ice Queen’s assistant, the Ice Fairy. All of this will be followed by a magical pyrotechnic finale.
On Saturday, 9th December it’s the Party in The Market – The day to do all your Christmas shopping with craft, gift and food stalls in & around Blackburn Market Come and enjoy a day in Blackburn and really enjoy your Christmas shopping this year.
On Saturday, 16th December it’s the Annual Civic Carol Concert at Blackburn Cathedral followed by the Festival of Light & Fireworks Finale. See fire performers & enjoy street food & music.
If you want to join in the Parade there are Lantern Making Workshops at The Bureau Centre for the Arts on 19th Nov, 26th Nov, 3rd Dec & 10th Decemeber 2017 from 11am -5pm
Blackburn’s Christmas programme is brought to you by Blackburn BID in partnership with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, The Mall Blackburn and Blackburn Market.
Diary of Christmas 2017 Events:
- 25th Nov: Blackburn Christmas Light Switch On
- 29th Nov: Flower School – Christmas Door Wreath, St Marks Club
- 1st Dec – 4th Jan 2018: Cinderella Pantomime, Thwaites Empire Theatre
- 2nd Dec: Winter Wonderland, Roe Lee Park
- 2nd Dec: Handel’s Messiah, Blackburn Music Society. Blackburn Cathedral
- 3rd Dec: Mental Elf, 5k Fun Run & Festive Market, Witton Country Park
- 3rd Dec: Through the Wardrobe, Northcote at The Rovers
- 6th Dec: Flower School – Christmas Door Wreath, St Mark’s Club
- 9th Dec: Party on The Market, Blackburn Market
- 9th Dec: Annual Christmas Spectacular Gala Concert, Blackburn Cathedral
- 10th Dec: Grinville, Northcote at The Rovers
- 10th Dec – 31st Dec: Beauty & The Beast Pantomime, King Georges Hall
- 10th Dec: Santa Dash, Corporation Park
- 15th Dec: Christmas Concert with Blackburn People’s Choir, Holy Trinity Church
- 16th Dec: Civic Carol Concert, Blackburn Cathedral
- 16th Dec: Festival of Light & Fireworks
- 21st Dec: Around the World in 80 Days, Ice Show, Silverblades Ice Arena
- 31st Dec: New Years Eve Concert, Blackburn Cathedral
Christmas Shopping in Blackburn:
With so much variety to choose from, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
The Mall (Blackburn shopping centre) will be opening for late night shopping from Thursday, 30th November. Blackburn Market will also be open on some Sundays in the run up to Christmas.