Published Thursday 11 May 2017 at 12:55
Nominations are open for just one more day for the annual East Lancashire Schools Awards – so don’t miss your chance to get our schools and pupils in the spotlight.
Awards will be handed out for students, teachers, primary and secondary schools, special schools and volunteers, who all help to inspire and support and make a real difference to lives and education in the borough.
Entries are invited from parents, governors, teachers, support staff, pupils or anyone in the community who has knowledge or experience of a particular school or individual that they feel should be celebrated.
Blackburn with Darwen Council is sponsoring the Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award, to recognise the impact of teachers who promote excitement, imagination and a love for learning can have on the lives of children and young people.
There are so many teachers who have made a special contribution in the classroom to the education and lives of their pupils and their future success and who have gone the extra mile in sharing their effort, enthusiasm and talent.
As well as schools in Blackburn with Darwen, the awards also include Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale and Chorley.
The awards are run through the Lancashire Telegraph. The categories, with sponsors, are:
- Lifetime achievement (Burnley College)
- Secondary School of the Year (Empine Print Management Ltd)
- Secondary School Pupil of the Year (Nelson & Colne College)
- Secondary Head Teacher of the Year (Electricity North West)
- Inspirational Teacher of the Year (Blackburn Council)
- Unsung Hero Award (BAE)
- Primary Head Teacher of the Year (Alpha Digital Networks)
- Primary School Pupil of the Year (First Class Learning)
- Primary School of the Year (OLSJ)
- Special School of the Year (Education Printing Services Ltd)
- Special School Pupil of the Year (Key Stage)
- Volunteer of the Year (Tauheedul Education Trust)
To vote, visit www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk . The last date for entries is Friday, May 12.