Social work support officer
It is critical that Social workers and team managers in our teams are supported in order to be effective in their role and to ensure that the time Social Workers spend with families is working directly with the families to improve the outcomes for children, not time completing support tasks.
Your role might include:
- co-ordinating requests for financial assistance on behalf of the social worker
- Responsibility for ensuring that the department systems, mainly Protocol but also other electronic resources, are kept up to date.
- Interrogation of systems to support the social work teams in ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- providing performance information at a team level
- Ensuring all information required for cases is produced and social workers and team managers are aware of court timescales etc
- Providing a minute taking service for PLO and strategy meetings
What experience and qualifications do I need?
To be able to operate effectively in this role you will need to be qualified to Level 4 in an appropriate subject. Ideally you will have some experience of working within a social care environment.
What skills do I need?
Everyone working in social care needs literacy, numeracy, digital and employability skills including team work and problem solving skills. There are also some specific skills needed to work in this role. These include
- problem solving skills to advise people on the best support for them
- Digital skills to keep records and find information online
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and a confident manner when dealing with emergency situations.
- Excellent project management type skills together with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Team working skills to work with other social care and health professionals such as social workers and housing officers.