We are genuinely delighted that you want to find out more information about vacancies in social work with us. We have focussed on the things we think you will really want to know so you can picture yourself working here at Blackburn with Darwen. However, we don’t want it all to appear as glossy pictures and fancy wording, we do have challenges too as I am sure you will expect with the type of work we do, therefore, we would always prefer to meet you to chat properly and welcome you to contact us to come and have a look around.
There’s probably lots you don’t know about working here:
- Beautiful facilities (with own car park): Our purpose built brand new building known as ‘Duke Street’ houses the majority of our Children’s and some of our Adults employees. We have open plan offices, roomy, modern facilities, great IT kit with flexible docking areas; our employees love it!
- Less travelling: The vast majority of your work will be within the Blackburn with Darwen boundary so no need to spend ages wasting time travelling miles or having to join busy motorways to get to your appointments – just more time doing the job you love
- Flatter structure: We try to keep our structures as flat as possible whilst still maintaining lots of support for people – all our management team are in the same open plan office space so are easily accessible and we encourage everyone to talk to each other and build strong relationships
- Enviable CPD: We have excellent CPD arrangements in place with a full and comprehensive development programme for all, but don’t just take my word for it, find out more.
- A place for you to innovate: We want to revolutionise the social worker world at Blackburn with Darwen and need your strength, experience and motivation to help us achieve this ambitious aim.
We want to review our workforce and are looking at forward thinking programmes and strategies that will support our workforce. This includes options for agile working, flexible working arrangements, digitisation, wellbeing programmes as well as aiming to reduce caseloads and maintain the strong continuous personal development we have in place.
We appreciate the time and effort involved in applying for jobs and we want to try and help you as much as we can so if there is anything at all you think we could do in addition please contact us.
Thank you so much for visiting our page, can we wish you every success with your application and even if you choose not to apply, it’s been lovely knowing you wanted to find out more about us.
Jayne Ivory : Director of Children’s Services
Sayyed Osman: Director of Adults Services